Rara Dolpo Trek
Rara Dolpo Trek takes you around off the beaten track at rural areas of western Nepal. Rara Dolpo Trek offers perfect natural and cultural exploration opportunities. From topographical variation to discovering diversity in typical local culture and authentic lifestyle, from exploring biggest lake of rara to overlook Kanjirowa Himalayas on the back ground, from natural floras to rara faunas and endangered species; trekking at Rara Dolpo region fulfills every desire of avid travelers.
There are several Gompas (Monasteries)in villages which hold different importance. These Gompas are the treasure of old religious texts. Most of these villages are being guided by the Senior Lamas of these Gompas with their own socio-cultural norms and values. One can also observe the different activities of the National Parks carried out in collaboration with the local people. Since these places are far away from the modern facilities of basic needs, they seem to be satisfied with what they have. In spite of their hardship of life the people always look happy, cute and innocent.
This trail is the especial one because it is not used by the usual trekkers so it is hard to find any human traffic along the way. This adventurous rout is full of excitements of exclusive experiences where the animals are not possible for transportation. All the way along there is no any tea house therefore all the stoppage will be in camp. Overall the trip will furnish you with the real satisfaction and unforgettable experiences of the region.
Day 01 Fly to Nepalgunj and overnight at Hotel.
Day 02 Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla-2370m and trek to Ghukuti-2550m.
Day 03 Trek to Tharmara-3280m (6-7 hr) crossing over Danfe La Pass-3400m
Day 04 Trek to Chautha-2770m (6-7 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Forest Camp-2940m (6-7 hr) crossing over Churchi Lagna Pass - 3460m
Day 06 Trek to Rara Lake 3050m (5-6 hr)
Day 07 Rest and exploration day of Rara lake
Day 08 Trek back to Gorushinga-3000m (6-7 hr) crossing Ghurchi Mara at 3700m.
Day 09 Trek to Sinja-2440m (5-6 hr)
Day 10 Trek to Jaljala-3090m (6-7 hr)
Day 11 Trek ends at Jumla-2370m (4-5 hr)
Day 12 Fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
- Airport pickup and drop service
- All accommodation and meals during the trek (B,L,D included)
- All domestic flights (Kathmandu-Nepalgunj), (Nepalgunj – Jumla), (Jumla –Nepalgunj) and (Nepalgunj- Kathmandu) transportation costs
- Professionally trained and highly experienced English speaking trekking guide, assistant trekking guide and a porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers with max load of 30kg) along with their salary, lodging, fooding and insurance
- Special Trekking permit and required other documents
- First aid medical box
- All required trekking gears like sleeping bag and down jacket made available on rent
- Government taxes and company service charges
- Visa fee to enter Nepal
- International flight tickets and extra baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation and meal costs in Kathmandu due to any change in scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- All personal expenses
- Tip for guides and porters is expected but not mandatory