Gokyo Lake Trekking
Gokyo Lake Trekking is the most beautiful, attractive adventure at Everest region that lets us visit picturesque turquoise lakes, spectacle excellent panorama of four peaks above 8000 meters, view largest Ngozumba glacier of Nepal along with insights into local Sherpa culture and traditions. Gokyo Lake Trekking is actually an opportunity for every travel lover who are looking forward to experience magical views of Everest Himalayas without much challenges.
We embark in for Gokyo Lake Trekking after finishing our Kathmandu sightseeing and board a scenic flight towards Lukla airstrip. Initially we follow the Everest base camp route till Namche Bazar following the riverbanks of Dudh Koshi River. Then we head towards Phortse Thanga, Machhermo and finally at Gokyo before ascending towards peak of Gokyo ri. We will get plenty of local cultural and traditional exploration opportunities while passing through these villages. We enjoy the mind-blowing beauty of largest Ngozumba glacier in Nepal along with three turquoise Gokyo lakes. And from above the Gokyo ri, excellent views of Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Lhotse all peaks above 8000 meters can be seen. You would certainly love the never seen before Himalayan panoramas. Further you also have an option to cross high altitude pass of Cho La pass or you can simply return towards Dole, Khumjung, Namche and Lukla in next couple of days before flying back to Kathmandu.
Best Seasons for Gokyo Lake Trekking is during the time period of autumn months of September to November and also during the spring months of March to May. The weather is fine during these peak seasons with un-obstructive views of snow capped peaks. You need to be physically fit and have positive attitude towards exploring utmost adventure at popular Everest region trekking in Nepal.
Day 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345m).
Day 02 - Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 03 - Fly to Lukla (2804m) and trek to Phakding (2610m).
Day 04 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters).
Day 05 - Sightseeing in Namche Bazaar.
Day 06 - Trek to Phorste Thanga (3680m).
Day 07 - Trek to Machherma (4470 meters).
Day 08 - Trek to Gokyo (4790 meters).
Day 09 - Trek to Gokyo Ri (5483 meters) and then Back Gokyo.
Day 10 - Trek to Dole (4200m).
Day 11 - Trek to Namche Bazaar via Khumjung village (3780m).
Day 12 - Trek to Lukla (2804 meters.).
Day 13 - Morning flight to Kathmandu from Lukla
Day 14 - Rest in Kathmandu.
Day 15 - Transfer for your final flight departure.
- Airport pickup and drop service
- Accommodations and meals during the trek (B,L,D included)
- Transportation costs: Domestic flight in (Kathmandu – Lukla- Kathmandu) route including airport taxes.
- Professionally trained and highly experienced English speaking trekking guide, assistant trekking guide and porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) along with their salary, lodging, fooding and insurance
- Trekking permits: TIMS card and Sagarmatha National Park fees
- First aid medical box
- Trekking gears like sleeping bag and down jacket made available on rent
- Government taxes and company service charge
- Visa fee to enter Nepal
- International flight tickets and extra baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation and meal costs in Kathmandu due to any change in scheduled itinerary
- Travel insurance/ Rescue operation costs
- All personal expenses
- Tip for guides and porters is expected but not mandatory